Why do you need to increase fuel efficiency? First of all, your truck needs fuel to burn in order to get horsepower, which is what propels your truck forward. Second, fluctuating gas prices mean that people want to get the most bang for their buck. When your truck gets better fuel efficiency, you’ll be able to get more out of a tank full of diesel.
Chances are that you’ve already employed the common tactics for increasing fuel efficiency, like making sure to never idle when you don’t need to, holding yourself back from accelerating too quickly and always maintaining the proper tire pressure. While these small tweaks to your routine will help with fuel efficiency, they’re not going to make any big, sweeping improvements. On the other hand, you don’t want to spend upwards of $1,000 on engine modifications just to find out that they don’t really help you out much either.
Do I Need Major Engine Modifications?
There are expensive things you can do to your engine to improve fuel efficiency, such as:
• Free flow exhaust
• Cold air intake
• Diesel programmers
While these modifications will work and improve performance and save fuel, they’ll also cost you quite a bit of money upfront. It could also be a while before you start to see a return on your investment. If you want to get better fuel efficiency in order to lead a green life and reduce your carbon footprint, go for it. However, if your goal is to save money, don’t fork over hundreds or thousands of dollars right away. Pick one or two updates, see how they work and then consider making more.
Here are a few modifications you can make to your truck to increase fuel efficiency:
1. When your fuel injector pressure is too low and there are poor spray patterns, you won’t get the best fuel efficiency you could. This is because the fuel doesn’t burn like it should. Get a new fuel injector to combat this problem.
2. When your injection pump is worn out or is no longer properly calibrated, both fuel efficiency and engine performance will drop. Consider replacing the injection pump.
3. Consider a water-methanol injection. This will increase not just your fuel economy but also torque and horsepower. At the same time, it will decrease the temperature of the exhaust gas.
4. Consider a propane injection. This is one of the most popular ways to increase fuel efficiency and horsepower. Plus, the propane injection will keep the engine clean by reducing the buildup of carbon. Your oil will stay cleaner, too.
5. Use a diesel performance chip, which may be a downloader, tuner or module, depending on your vehicle. These chips increase fuel efficiency.
5. Invest in a performance exhaust system. Often, the factory exhaust system makes your truck work too hard. The engine has to force the exhaust out, which wastes fuel during the process. A system with a larger diameter will make the truck run more efficiently and increase fuel mileage.
Diesel truck owners tend to love their vehicles. However, when fuel becomes a cost you no longer want to bare, you may consider turning in your truck for something a little more affordable. Before throwing in the towel, consider making low-cost modifications to increase fuel efficiency and ease the strain on your bank account.
This guest post was made by DieselTech Magazine, geared towards diesel performance trends, the latest equipment and build outs for your diesel. Digital and print subscriptions are available.
This is great website and owner of this website is also great because he give help full information with us thanks for sharing great and wonderful information. Racing LinerReplyDelete
iscover the BEST Double FUEL GENERATOR to purchase in 2018 and ... WHAT IS THE BEST Versatile Double FU duromax xp2000eh dual fuel generator reviewsReplyDelete
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
شركات تنظيف المنازل بالجبيل
شركات تنظيف الشقق بالجبيل
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة المثالية للنظافة بالخبر
شركة المثالية الدولية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة عزل اسطح بسيهات
شركة جلى رخام وبلاط بالظهران
شركة فحص فلل ومنازل قبل الشراء بالقطيف
I really enjoy your web’s topic. Very creative and friendly for users. Definitely bookmark this and follow it every day. thanks for your suggestion about diesel truck modification. Throttle Booster Diesel Truck CanadaReplyDelete